After Christmas and a New Year Ahead

Christmas is done for another year. I love Christmas. I love being with family and friends. I love the lights and the smell of a Christmas tree. I love decorations and baking. I love Christmas Eve appetizers, egg nog and Christmas music. I love special Christmas Day dinners with the things we only have once a year, like Prime Rib Roast with all the trimmings. If I never opened another a present, I'd still love Christmas. It's not the presents, it's just the feeling of wonder that lingers from childhood memories and new memories made every year. It's a little melancholic when loved ones are missing that we wish we could hug one more time, but the memories of them shared can add to the feeling of the season, if we choose to be happy with what we have instead of being miserable about what we don't have.

I can't have a Christmas tree in an RV and I do miss it and I do miss my Christmas tree decorations that we've used every year since we were first married with new ones added along the way to commemorate special events. I am planning on being somewhere next year with Christmas trees outside that I may even be able to put lights on! My decorations are in storage-no room here for them, but we can make do!

My hopes that all of my family can be together next year for a white Christmas. We've never had that living in Florida all of our lives. If it becomes possible, what a special memory that will make!

I crocheted a Santa Gonk for our dashboard this year. We trimmed the windshield with colorful lights and put colorful lights outside the coach as well. We actually spent Christmas day at our daughter's house with all of our family gathered around. Even the cats and the dog made the trip!

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope 2018 is a year filled with blessings for all.

Lynn
Santa Gonk!

Comments

Popular Posts