More St. Andrews Pictures

Here are more pictures to see and I have to be honest about the things we’ve seen when I haven’t had my camera or even my phone! The other day there were two does out with their yearling fawns. No spots, but still small. One was a buck with tiny nubs next to his ears. He was skittish and full of mischief. Mom was calmly eating grape leaves and he was on high alert, jumping and running. I thought it was fear at first, but then it began to look more like he was just feeling his oats. He’d put his head down and stare at every car and golf cart that went past as if challenging them to a race or a duel! The other yearling was a doe and she was very calm and subdued like mom. They are so beautiful to watch. We are fortunate here because they are used to people and come very close. I love their big brown eyes and flicking white flag tails. They like corn chips, but don’t tell anyone that I might have fed one or two. I couldn’t help myself!

We also saw a baby squirrel. I heard noise in the palm tree next to our coach and looked up in time to see a large gray squirrel carrying another squirrel in her mouth. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was her baby. I don’t know if it escaped the nest and she was bringing it back or if she felt threatened and was moving her nest. A few minutes after I noticed her with the baby, they both disappeared into the center of the palm tree. I could hear scuffling and then the big squirrel left by herself. A few minutes later, I got a good view of the tiny, half-sized squirrel baby as he was nosing toward the outer edges of the tree center. I think he may have been looking for another escape route!

Enjoy the pictures!

                                                   Sunset



                                         
                                                   Full Moon

                                                 Moon Reflection on the Ocean




Comments

Popular Posts